Alternative to Knee Surgery – Genvisc Plus
Are you looking for an alternative to knee replacement surgery or to finally address a chronic knee problem?
Our doctors use non-surgical protocols to help heal injured or arthritic knees and reduce the inflammation that causes pain, allowing you to become more active and regain proper function. This natural treatment uses a three-part program to help encourage healing and reduce inflammation of the joints.
We call our protocol Genvisc Plus because it includes 2 additional steps that increase effectiveness:
- Knee bracing – this restores the natural space between the bones of the knee to relieve pain and provide adequate space for the injection. Without proper bracing the needle may hit the bone or be forced between the bones causing additional pain or discomfort to the patient. Proper bracing also enables the Genvisc 850 to freely fill the space between the bones and cartilage that is necessary to experience the desired outcome of the Genvisc 850 treatment.
- GenVisc 850 – Restores the lubricating fluid that is no longer present in effective amounts in an arthritic or damaged knee. Genvisc 850 is the only solution with the correct molecular weight to bind the cells of the area and achieve this goal. Osteoarthritis is a product of the lack of synovial fluid that causes the joint to dry out. Synovial fluid acts as not only lubricant but also as a cushion and shock absorber that keeps us pain free as we walk, run, kneel etc. With proper bracing to restore the space between the bones, this is a highly effective treatment. The third step cements the long term effectiveness of the treatment we’ve performed up to this point.
- Injections containing natural growth factors – These injections include the FDA approved and insurance covered, amniotic tissue and fluid. The reason that we add this step to the process is that the tissue includes a series of growth factors including Fibroblast, Epidermal, Vascular Endothelial, Transforming Growth Factor beta and more that help your body heal more effectively. Along with the growth factors there are Hyalouronic Acid, Interleukin 1, TIMP-1 and TIMP-2. This combination helps your body assimilate the treatment for long term efficacy. These injections help to reduce inflammation and greatly enhance your body’s ability to heal the tissues associated with osteoarthritis.
We Would Ask You Not To Consider Knee Surgery Until You Explore This Treatment With Us!
Call (336) 777-7364
For a Complimentary Consultation
Does Insurance cover the Osteoarthritis Program?
The Osteoarthritis Program is covered by:
- Most commercial insurance providers
What is the best injection for knees? Patients ask this question often and the answer is truly…the treatment that works best for the individual patient. Our Osteoarthritis Program works very well for most patients. It uses non-surgical protocols to help knees heal and it reduce inflammation that causes pain, allowing you to become more active and regain proper function.
Our doctors have found that in addition to injections that help the body heal underlying tissue damage that causes knee pain, our patients obtain extra healing benefits by using specialty knee braces during the treatment process.
This is why our doctors developed the three-step process for our Osteoarthritis Program.
GenVisc 850 is administered by intra-articular injection. This means the treatment is injected into the joint. Our doctors use a fluoroscope to allow for guided injections into the joint. The fluid administered allows the joint lubrication and cushioning.
GenVisc 850 is made from extracted and purified Hyaluronic acid, which is identical to the naturally occurring Hyaluronic acid that is found in the body. Although this new generation of Hyaluronic acid is reported less painful than earlier versions, a very small percentage of patients may experience a slight flare-up of their arthritis right after the injections. After this flare-up, many report relief from arthritis symptoms.
Natural Growth Factors
Injections of natural growth factors can speed up the healing process while also helping to combat the inflammation caused by conditions such as Osteoarthritis. These injections can target localized tissue defects and inflammation providing arthritis pain relief.
The injections provide a steroid-free, natural anti-inflammatory treatment that contains mechanical and anti-microbial protection with the ability to enhance lubrication of the joint.
Growth factors play an essential role in cellular growth stimulation as well as healing and cellular differentiation. This allows the injections to adapt to the targeted environment and promote healing. This treatment is approved by the FDA.
Proven treatments help restore function and reduce pain!
Call (336) 777-7364
For a Complimentary Consultation
What do the studies say?
The type of growth factors that our doctors use for osteoarthritis were shown to be both safe and highly effective for decreased pain and improved function.
Some of the most notable findings include:
- After three months, nearly 80% of patients reported a greater reduction in pain compared to those that received other hyaluronic acids.
- Patients also reported significant improvements in overall pain relief and ability to perform daily activities.
More Good News!
- It’s NOT considered a drug.
- There are NO interactions with your current prescriptions.
- It’s not something you can get at your local health food store.
- It’s scientifically researched, FDA cleared and administered by Medical Specialist ONLY.
- Covered by most insurance companies, including Medicare.
The study suggests that the injection is effective in treating the nonoperative management of symptomatic knee osteoarthritis and that injections provide a potentially superior anti-inflammatory treatment for those with the condition. Natural growth factor injections can help older patients delay or even avoid the need for knee replacement.