It is estimated that one and every four adults suffer from joint pain. And those that do experience joint pain often have symptoms that may be temporary or persistent and permanent. Most people turn to over-the-counter pain medication to reduce discomfort; unfortunately, some medications can include side effects. Others may think that surgery is there only option.
Thankfully, there are treatment options available for those looking to avoid risky surgery or lifelong pain medication.
Treatment Options for Painful Joints
There are many solutions and treatment options available to help ease the discomfort of joint pain, such as PRP Injections and laser therapy.
- PRP Injections: PRP injections or platelet-rich plasma injections are highly beneficial to the body. Many people have chosen this treatment option to help heal and restore many joints in the body. A small amount of blood is taken and then spun in a centrifuge. The blood and platelets are separated during this process and the concentrated platelet solution is then injected into the area of need. This is normally all done within the same clinic and appointment. These platelets contain growth factors that begin the joint repair and healing process to the damaged joint.
- Laser Therapy: Laser therapy is another viable option for those suffering from joint pain. This non-surgical treatment option has been proven to help alleviate pain while increasing the body’s every day repair process. Unlike most medical procedures, laser therapy can provide patients with faster healing, increased flexibility, and improved muscle and joint relaxation. This small amount of light is used through the laser and works by infiltrating the injured or damaged joint. The body will then transform the light from the laser into chemical energy that can help to restore and repair the injured cells in the joint and surrounding tissues.
What Causes Joint Pain?
For some, joint pain has no specific cause. For others, for example, who live with Fibromyalgia or an over or underactive thyroid, may experience joint pain.
Other causes can include:
- The natural process of aging
- Lifestyle, diet, and medical history
- Under or overuse of the body, usually in a specific location
- Rheumatoid arthritis
Symptoms of joint pain that have been reported include a burning sensation, stiffness, pain, inflammation, and a dull ache that can eventually turn into extreme pain throughout the body.
If you or a loved one are suffering from joint pain and would like to find relief options in the city of Greensboro, High Point, or any surrounding area of North Carolina, call Carolina Pain Relief Center at 336-777-7364.