There are many ways to relieve neck pain caused by stress and other underlying conditions of discomfort or pain in the neck. Causes of neck pain come in a variety, such as injury or trauma, everyday use, infections or diseases, or the simple process of growing old.
Here are a few options that may help relieve neck pain associated with stress itself, be sure to check with your primary care physician before starting any new routine.
- Stopping bad habits like drinking coffee, smoking or unhealthy eating routine can all play a role in aiding to relieve neck pain associated with stress in the body. Stress related neck pain can come from tension on the nervous system which can be altered when ingesting stimulants such as caffeine, sugar or nicotine.
- Exercise, for example yoga or stretching, can help relieve pain, stress or tension in the body and mind. This healthy lifestyle addition will boost your overall health and level of cortisol which in time will help manage stress and help alleviate pain. Cortisol is a hormone that is responsible for the body’s ability to respond to stress and the regulation of vital processes, including immune response and metabolism.
- Mental support from family or friends can help decrease stress on the body as well as the mind. Ask loved ones for favors or help when needed, so that tension and the feeling of stress are at bay when you are starting to feel overwhelmed. Help with responsibilities and emotional support can help alleviate pain and discomfort caused by stress.
- Regenerative Cellular Treatments use regenerative cells that encourage the body’s natural healing mechanisms and are rich in growth factors. With no down time, the procedure is very short. Once injected, your body will have the ability to regenerate tissues, and restore damaged areas.
- PRP Injections, or Platelet-Rich Plasma therapy, is used for more chronic neck pain. This therapy can be used to help heal neck pain caused by injured or weak ligaments. Using a sample of your own blood, the platelets are concentrated and then injected into the injured area. This therapy will enhance the body’s natural ability to heal itself from the damage or stress occurred.
- Laser Therapy can be helpful for reducing pain and inflammation in the affected area. Low-level laser therapy can also aid in reducing pain coming from muscles and joints, which can be effective without undesirable side effects. The absorbed light from the pain free laser stimulates the production of a metabolic pathway for cells using enzymes to oxidize nutrients.
Occurring in about 1 out of every 10 people, neck pain is fairly common but manageable. The constant use and strain on the neck leaves it susceptible to injury or pain. There are many ways to relieve neck pain caused by stress, either in the comfort of your own home, or for more chronic neck pain, speak to your care provider.